10 Reasons to Love the Jeep Renegade
The Jeep Renegade is still a newish addition to the Jeep lineup being as 2015 was its first year of production. Since then, the popularity of the vehicle has really grown. That is not too surprising considering how sweet it is! The Renegade is a Jeep with a completely new design and style but with the capability and military type touches you would expect from a Jeep. Still deciding if you want one? These ten reasons to love the Renegade will sway you!
- Price – The Jeep Renegade is one of the more affordable Jeep models on the market and they have a lot of awesome features! The base model, the Jeep Renegade Sport, starts at roughly $19,000 and the highly capable off-road model with four-wheel drive, the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, has a beginning price of only $27,000.
- Design – Just because the Renegade has a different style than other Jeep models, doesn’t mean it doesn’t harness the Jeep brand’s rugged and adventurous style. Plus features like the round headlights and military inspired X taillights make it just as much of a Jeep as any other!
- Fuel economy – A fuel efficient off-road capable vehicle is not easy to come across! The base engine for the Renegade Trailhawk is a 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine and the upgraded engine option is a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder. The base engine gets an EPA estimated 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway, and the upgraded engine still gets an impressive 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
- Towing – If you are looking at a CUV as opposed to a truck or SUV, towing is probably not that important to you. However, it is always nice to have some capability just in case! The Renegade can tow up to 2,000 pounds which is plenty for a small boat or jet skis.
- Size – One thing people love about the Renegade is that it is compact, yet spacious. The Renegade seats five full size adults comfortably and has a good area for cargo in the back!
- Hidden treasures – It is always great to have something fun and special about your car! The Renegade has hidden features all over the car from the exterior to the interior and even the trunk. Who doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt? Check them out here.
- Trim options – The Renegade is available in several different trims and that’s great because it gives consumers a lot of options to get a vehicle that meets their needs. The trim options vary based on standard style, tech, and off-road features. For the 2017 model year, there are six Renegade trims, including two special edition models. The trims are the Sport, Latitude, Limited, Trailhawk, Desert Hawk (special edition) and Altitude (limited edition).
- Optional features – The best part of any car is the extra stuff that’s offered! The Renegade has plenty of options to choose from including MySky removable roof panels to give you that open fresh air feel you love with the Wrangler.
- Safety – Safety is always important, especially if you plan to take the vehicle off-roading. The Renegade has an impressive five-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA.
- Trailhawk – Finally, the Renegade Trailhawk trim. This trim alone is a huge reason to love the Renegade. Affordable, bas a** and much more capable than meets the eye! The Trailhawk comes with a one-inch lift, tow hooks (two in front and one in the rear), skid plates, and all-terrain tires with mopar wheels. In addition, the vehicle comes with the selec-terrain system which allows you to choose from five different driving modes (auto, snow, sand, rock and mud). Depending on the mode, the vehicle will drive traction to the appropriate wheels for a safe and capable cruise off-road.
Now it is time to come test one out for yourself! Or, check out our Jeep Renegade inventory at Kendall Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram online here.
Photo source: Jeep