Across Africa in a Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What is the coolest Jeeping adventure you’ve experienced? Can you beat a trip across the entire continent of Africa? If not, after reading about Dan Grec and “The Road Chose Me” you might add an adventure like it to the top of your bucket list. Grec is currently on an 80,000-mile journey across Africa.
From deep West African mud holes to hiking in Guinea and so much more, Grec is living the dream Jeep life. His Jeep is 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with tons of useful mods. Not only does Dan travel in the Jeep, but it is also his home during the journey. With that being said, many of the interior mods are what makes the Jeep functional as a home.
Check out some of the major mods on Grec’s Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon:
When traveling across foreign land with different terrain along the way, having the proper 4X4 and performance gear is important. Check out the 4X4 and performance gear on this Wrangler Unlimited:
- 3.8-liter V6 gas engine with a six-speed manual transmission.
- Locking front and rear differentials and an electronic disconnect sway bar.
- 4:10 axle ratios and a 4:1 transfer case ratio.
- BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain 34-inch tires wrapped around 17-inch strong Mopar steel winter wheels.
- A 2.5-inch lift with Geometry Correction Brackets.
- A AEV snorkel and engine skid plate.
How did he manage to make a home out of his Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with such little space and cargo?
- The “kitchen” is complete with a 35L fridge and single burner stove.
- 12 gallon drinking water tank mounted to the under body.
- Awning to cover the kitchen or to make a shaded outdoor seated area and turns top of the Jeep into a covered sleeping area.
- Solar panel to charge fridge batteries.
Do you want to go on your own adventure in a Jeep Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited? We have plenty to choose from here at Kendall Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Check out our entire Jeep inventory online here.