Why the Challenger SRT Hellcat Blows Away the Mustang and Camaro
Why all the hype about the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat? It’s a no brainer. It straight up trumps its competitors, the Shelby Mustang and the Camaro ZL1, right out of the gate.
The Hellcat boasts 707 hp while the Mustang comes in second with 662 hp and the Camaro in third with 580 hp. The ZL1 is the most powerful Camaro ever made, but it just doesn’t stand up to the sheer force of the Hellcat.
And though the Shelby Mustang has some perks, it’s not on the same level either. When it comes to getting the best American muscle car for the most reasonable price, it’s the Hellcat, hands down.
Price for Power
You really can’t argue with the low price tag of the Hellcat at your nearest Dodge dealer in Miami.
- It’s rearing to go with 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.
- The 6.2-liter engine is the most powerful V8 engine ever made.
- It can do a quarter mile in 10.8 seconds.
- This baby was given 35% more time in a wind tunnel to optimize aerodynamics.
- You can opt for the standard six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic version.
- The base price is $60,990, making it an unbelievable buy considering what’s under the hood.
Not a whole lot has changed, and that’s a good thing. The Hellcat remains a classic American muscle car.
- The newly enlarged power-bulge hood gives a hint about what’s underneath.
- The split grille insert tips its hat to the 1971 model.
- Every detail of the interior is phenomenal, and the T-handle shifter in the automatic is a nice old school touch.
Now come on—you can’t say that the furious roar of the Hellcat doesn’t make your mouth water.
- With its new, unparalleled design, nothing can touch the extreme, coarse sound you get from this V8 engine.
- The car’s 2.75-inch exhaust system uses front and rear resonators with electronically controlled valves that can bypass the ones out back.
- You determine the amount of flow when you choose a drive mode. Track mode is staggeringly intense while the highway is more toned down.
Can’t keep your son out of the garage or don’t trust the valets at your favorite eatery? Dodge thought of this one just for you.
- Let your hair down and rock the red fob when you want to allow yourself full access to every ounce of horsepower the Hellcat has to offer.
- Hand out the black fob when you need to keep things cool. Limited to 500 hp, no one should get into too much trouble.