Why the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the Best Tip For the Race Track
Planning to head to the drag strip for the first time? That’s great! Generally, drivers tend to have quite a bit of anxiety and questions before their first race and that’s totally normal. Whether you have spent months modifying your own muscle car or you have just bought the new street legal and drag-ready Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, there are a couple things you should know before your first race.
Tips for Drag Strip
- Safety first – It is important to know all the safety rules including helmet requirements, roll bar requirements and roll cage requirements because each track is different. Also, be sure your vehicle has no recalls and has updated safety technology.
- Tire pressure and gas – Always have a full tank of gas when you hit the strip. When it comes to tire pressure, you want to invest in a gauge. They are really affordable and needed for track prep. When it comes to what pressure to use, running with as much air in your rear tires as possible is best. The air allows for less rolling resistance and keeps the car at a high speed.
- Plan B – Always have a plan B! A vehicle with little wear and tear should be able to do just fine on the strip. However accidents happen, and sometimes things go wrong. Have a backup plan! If the drag car is also a daily driver, have a plan to get the car and yourself home.
- Drop the weight – The lighter the car, the faster it goes! There should never be any cargo or extra weight in the vehicle. Serious drag racers get rid of the radio, rear seats and anything else that add unnecessary weight to the vehicle. Most tracks have pre-race inspections and will require that your trunk be empty and any loose items inside the car be removed.
- Practice – At the end of the day, practice makes perfect! Don’t hit the drag strip for the first time to compete in a race. The more practice, the better the outcome!
Ready to Race with the New Challenger SRT Demon
This year, DOdge unveiled the Challenger SRT Demon and it’s a pretty epic vehicle. Not only is it the fastest, most powerful factory-produced muscle car, but it is actually built for the drag strip.
- 808 horsepower on the road, up to 840 on the strip when the parts in the Demon crate have been installed.
- Comes ready to go with available drag radials
- All unnecessary equipment has been removed to make it as light as possible. The car comes standard with only a driver’s seat.
- 0-60 mph in just 2.3 seconds.
- Brembo performance brakes and massive fender flares.
- Dual fuel pumps and larger fuel injectors.
- The Demon uses the air-conditioning system to chill the intake temp and allow for more horsepower.
The list goes on and on! Dodge is always a fantastic option for drag racing. Are you looking for your Dodge in South Miami? We have it for you at Kendall Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram!
Photo source: Hot Rod Network