Summer is right around the corner, and for many of us that means road trips! If you are planning a road trip this summer, read on. These ten items are worth the investment before a road trip.
- Cooler – A cooler is great for road trips. Soft side coolers are easily packed in cars and don’t take up too much room.
- Snacks/drinks – This is a given! Fill up that cooler mentioned above and stay on the road for as long as possible without stopping for food and drinks.
- GPS/maps – Yes, we know, you have your phone, but what if you lose service? Having an external GPS system or paper map can come in handy in areas of low to no cell service.
- Audio books, CDs, music playlists – These are some things to keep you entertained during the drive! Services like Audible and Spotify are great for road trip playlists.
- First aid kit – This is something to always have in your car, but especially for long road trips. Just in case of an emergency (big or small) you want to be prepared.
[click to continue…]
This year’s Kentucky Derby was the eighth year that the Ram brand was the official automotive partner of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby and this year Ram provided the trainer (Todd Pletcher) of the winning horse (Always Dreaming) with a one-of-a-kind special 143rd Kentucky Derby edition Ram 2500 Limited truck.
143rd Kentucky Derby Ram 2500 Limited Truck
- Unique Brilliant Black color with blue Kentucky Derby 143rd logos on the left and right rear door panels.
- Hand-painted Kentucky Derby Rose badge on the front grille.
- Ram 2500 Limited: the Limited is the nicest trim level the 2500 comes in. Standard features of this truck include leather seats, a leather wrapped steering wheel, wood interior accents, 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, and much more.
- The value of this truck starts around $57,775 without any of the special edition features.
[click to continue…]
The Ram mega cab is one of the biggest truck cabs in the auto industry. The mega cab is awesome for families, a crew of workers and for those who need a lot of cargo space in the truck cab. Unfortunately the mega cab configuration is not currently available on Ram’s light duty truck lineup, but it might be available in the future.
Truck Trend spotted Ram testing out a new light-duty Ram 1500 and the photos look like the truck had a mega cab. Here is what we know so far: [click to continue…]
Just get back from tearing up the mud in your Ram Power Wagon? If not, maybe you need a Ram Power Wagon? Regardless, did you know it is important to wash your vehicle as soon as possible after mudding? Simply hosing it off isn’t enough. We know, leaving the mud on is a badge of honor and washing it is a pain, but mud can actually damage your truck if left on. Follow this simple guide after mudding!
- Clean EVERYTHING from the top of the truck down to the undercarriage and wheel wells. Don’t miss anything and be sure to focus on these areas: under the car, the wheels, the brake’s mechanical parts as well as the wheel wells, and the engine compartment.
- Consider cleaning the truck with a power washer. The water pressure from a normal hose sometimes isn’t enough to remove all of the mud. The more powerful the water stream, the better. An alternative to a power washer is bringing the vehicle to a professional car wash to let professionals handle it!
[click to continue…]
Ram knows that truck drivers love trucks that stand out from the other trucks on the road, so they are always offering new colors and trims to keep their lineup unique and fresh. Ram’s newest additions to the lineup debuted at the New York International Auto Show and they include the new Ram 1500 Sublime Sport and Ram 1500 Rebel Blue Streak.
The Ram 1500 Sublime Sport is dressed head to “tow” (pun intended) in a bright-green color with black accents. Check out all of the features below and let us know what you think!
- Black logos, badging, and Ram’s head grille badge.
- Black 22-inch aluminum wheels.
- Sport performance hood.
- Lime green interior stitching.
- Sport leather seats.
- Ram’s head logo embroidered onto headrests.
- Lime green sport badge on glove compartment door.
- Slate gray accents on the doors, center console, instrument panel, and gauge cluster trim rings.
Only 3,000 Ram 1500 Sublime Sport models will be made, so you’ll know they’ll be a fairly rare sight on the street. MSRP starts at $45,740 and the models will start showing up at dealerships in May 2017.
Also new to the lineup is the new Rebel Blue Streak package and the new Rebel Blue Streak has more than just a special blue color.
Features of the Blue Streak:
- Blue streak exterior paint (of course).
- Can be ordered with the Rebel Black appearance packages (Sport performance hood, black grille, black wheels, black badging).
- Black interior bezels on doors, center console, and gauge cluster.
- Slate gray accent stitching throughout the interior.
- Deep rubber floor mats with Ram’s head logo.
The Rebel Blue Streak is available on all Ram 1500 Rebel configurations and has a starting MSRP of $45,095. The new Rebel Blue Streak models will be available in May 2017.
Keep a lookout for this awesome Ram at Kendall Ram over the next couple months, and check out our current inventory of unique Ram trucks here.
Photo source: Motor Trend
Roof racks are cool and all, but throwing your surfboard in the truck bed and tieing it down is a lot easier, especially when you are in a rush. If you are ready to get a new vehicle that will help you take advantage of summer and hurricane season, get a Ram truck and these affordable accessories. Your ride to the beach with your surfboard will be easier and more efficient.
It is easy enough to throw your board in the truck bed, but if you want to keep the board and truck bed in good condition a bed mat is a great investment. To avoid dents and scrapes, a bed mat is perfect to do the trick. A good condition rubber bed mat costs roughly $100 and lasts for years.
It is not as simple as putting the surfboard in the bed and riding off, especially if you have a long board. Bungee cables or cargo straps are good to make sure a surfboard stays in place on your drive to the beach. [click to continue…]
Ram’s heavy duty truck options, the 2500 and 3500, are available with three different cab sizes and the mega cab is the biggest one. A Ram truck with a mega cab is an awesome option for consumers that need a lot of interior space, whether for passengers, pets or cargo.
The Ram mega cab offers front seat passengers 41 inches of legroom and back seat passengers more than 43 inches of legroom. The back seats in the mega cab can be configured to open up 72.2 cubic feet of cargo space and when seats are left in their standard position there is 7.6 cubic feet of space.
Like the other cab configurations, Ram trucks with a mega cab are available with a 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrain and three engine options, a 5.7L HEMI engine, 6.4L HEMI engine or the 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. [click to continue…]
The beach, fishing, camping – what Floridian doesn’t love summer? If you are a fan of all of those activities, you’ll want a Ram truck because it makes each of those summer activities a breeze. From the spacious cab options to the cargo management system to the tech options and everything in between, you will want a Ram truck this summer!
Reasons a Ram Truck is Right for Summer
- Whether you are going on a road trip, fishing, camping, or just driving to the airport, storage space matters. Sure, every truck has a long bed option, but that only goes so far.
- The available Ram cargo management system allows for more cargo and better organization. That’s not all though, the cargo system has a drainage system allowing for ice. You don’t need to waste bed space with a big cooler, load the cargo box up and you are all set!
[click to continue…]
Ram commercial vehicles like the Ram ProMaster and ProMaster City have always been convenient for businesses that have to haul a lot of cargo and Ram has just made it easier for customers to upfit their commercial vehicle. Ram has expanded the Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurer to more commercial vehicles and they added a new program called Commercial Q Pro.
Augmented Reality Upfit Configurer
Last year Ram introduced the Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator to the Ram ProMaster and this year they expanded the program to include the Ram ProMaster City and Ram Chassis Cabs (3500, 4500, 5500). The upfit configurator is a computer generated system that provides a three-dimension visual to dealers, customers and upfitters. Not only does the configurator help a customer to visualize the various ways they can use the vehicle, but it also helps them explore other upfit configurations and designs that might be better.
Commercial Q Pro
Ram has also made the upfit process better with the addition of Commercial Q Pro, a new process which requires upfitters to get their upfits certified by Ram engineers. Ram engineering then uses resources to survey, inspect, and make recommendations and qualifications for the upfit. This will ease consumers minds and allow them to know their upfit purchase is certified and will work perfectly. [click to continue…]
If you are looking for the best truck to provide you and your family with optimal space, the Ram mega cab is the way to go. The Ram mega cab is one of biggest cabs in the truck game, yes, really. Even the most popular trucks like the Toyota Tundra Crewmax, Ford Super Duty Crew Cab, and Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab can’t compete. Don’t believe us? Check it out.
Ram 2500 Mega Cab has 43.3 inches of rear leg room, 63.2 inches of rear hip room and 40.3 inches of back seat head room. It is available with truck bed lengths of 6’4” or 8’.
[click to continue…]